Grab your cape, become a SuperHyro!
Hyro is connecting the world, thousands of AI-powered conversations at a time. As the #1 Adaptive Communications company, we’re turning complex data into simple dialogue with natural language automation and computational linguistics. Enterprises across the U.S., including Carroll, Mercy Health and Weill Cornell Medicine, trust Hyro to replace their rigid, intent-based chatbots and IVR systems with adaptive conversational experiences that are simple, fast and scalable. Our vision is to automate digital interactions in any conversational setting, 24/7, so that companies can communicate easily, convert more, and collect actionable customer insights along the way.
We're looking for a VP R&D to help us grow our development teams' capabilities. We are looking for an experienced, decision-making, motivated, innovative, team player with a passion for technology and who has the will to understand and contribute to product and business decisions. You'll lead and mentor our development teams, each of which plays a key role in planning and executing our product roadmap in a dynamic environment. You'll be responsible for the entire development lifecycle. You'll play a key role in taking Hyro's adaptive communications platform to the next level, ensuring high-quality NLU within voice and chat solutions in order to fulfill our extremely ambitious goals of providing consumers with first-of-its-kind solutions. You’ll help spearhead methods and strategy and wear multiple hats at a fast-growing, dynamic early-stage company.
- Lead our core R&D organization - engineers teams, both in Tel Aviv and New York
- Build and maintain scalable and efficient R&D processes.
- Measure and improve engineering velocity.
- Solve challenging problems in a fast-paced and evolving environment while maintaining uncompromising quality
- Lead by example, and make the people around you better
- Passionate about code and hands-on approach
- Design and develop high-quality end-to-end features
- Enhance the team's DevOps capabilities
- Define the R&D team growth plan and strategy
- Your contribution will have a great impact on the company's business
Main Technology Stack:
- Our code is mostly written in functional programming (including our own open source)
- 8+ years of proven experience developing large scale software using an object oriented or a functional language - a must
- 4+ years of managerial experience in managing and scaling R&D teams
- 2+ years of managing a development group comprised of several teams
- Startup experience- a must
- Ability to design and develop complex components independently, dealing with advanced architectural issues - a must
- High level English
- B.Sc. degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in functional programming language - an advantage
- High standards for code quality, testing, and performance
Requirements – Skills
- Positive, can-do attitude that resonates with HYRO’s culture (Human, Young at Heart, Respectful, Outgoing)
- Proactive self-starter, high initiative and critical thinking, with the ability to prioritize numerous projects simultaneously
- Enthusiastic problem-solver who can think creatively and excel in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal and relationship-building qualities
- Team player that can work collaboratively, coordinating across internal and external stakeholders, including product, design departments
- Organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task and effectively manage time
Hyro is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability or sex.