Hyro Announces New Integration With #1 EMR in Healthcare: Epic Systems
We are thrilled to share that Hyro’s conversational AI platform for healthcare websites, voice apps, and call centers is officially and fully Epic EMR integratable through a plug & play non-intrusive API.
What does this mean?
Following a months-long rigorous process to meet Epic's stringent security and quality requirements and thorough review process for incoming vendors, Hyro has been fully accepted as a certified Epic app and can now be found on the Epic App Orchard.
Epic is the preferred electronic medical record system used by more than 250 healthcare organizations in the United States. To date, 45% of the nation's population have their medical records stored in an Epic system.
Epic's employee-owned and developer-lead business approach translates into 32% of its operating expenses invested in R&D to constantly improve its in-house built software, garnering the company the number one rank for KLAS Research's Overall Software Suite for eleven consecutive years.
As per Syntrix Consulting, Epic's continued success in the healthcare ecosystem can be attributed to five key factors:
- Reliability and Sustainability: Founded in 1979, Epic is a trusted veteran and industry leader. Investing in strong R&D and an in-house team of physicians and nurses who participate in customer site visits to help organizations implement best practices has positioned Epic as a standard-bearer in its field.
- Integration: Epic's in-house developed products have been optimized over the years to integrate and work synergistically with healthcare organizations' IT infrastructure.
- Certified Consultants: Epic maintains strict guidelines for its consultants; only those holding Epic certifications can guide an implementation.
- Proven Performance: The enterprise-wide Epic solution has proven its worth at hospitals, health systems, and other healthcare organizations across the United States. Current notable clients include Novant Health, Weill Cornell Medicine, SCL Health, Johns Hopkins Medicine, and Mount Sinai Health.
- Scalability: Epic's inherent scalability allows healthcare organizations of all sizes to utilize its software. The company offers a flexible, scalable foundation that fits varying budgets and workflows and supports growth within a healthcare facility.
Epic + Hyro Use Cases
- COVID-19 Vaccination Information and Scheduling: Healthcare organizations deploying Hyro's API will be able to connect their Epic-driven vaccination apparatus to designated Hyro conversational interfaces embedded as website text and voice virtual assistants or as voice-activated call center virtual agents. Hyro's conversational AI platform automatically fields patient FAQs and schedules vaccination appointments quickly and with zero human intervention. To book and confirm vaccination eligibility, patients provide identification which is promptly verified (or rejected) through the Hyro-Epic integration. Any vaccination appointments scheduled through Hyro's virtual AI-agent are seamlessly routed and updated into the organization's system. *The same architecture can be applied to all vaccination roll-outs (i.e., seasonal flu).
- Physician Finding and Appointment Scheduling: Research has found that the average duration of a scheduling call clocks in at just over 11 minutes, with a direct labor cost of approximately $1.60/minute or roughly $17.5 per conversation. A Tellus International study revealed that conversational AI platforms for healthcare garner average support center time savings of more than 4 minutes per inquiry, which amounts to cost savings of $6.5 per interaction. Upon deployment, Hyro's conversational AI platform automatically scrapes various data sources such as the healthcare organization's web pages, databases, and APIs. Interacting with a Hyro conversational interface embedded on a healthcare system's website or call center, a patient can search for physicians via attributes such as specialty, location, gender, language, and more. Having selected the desired physician, Hyro's virtual assistant offers relevant time slots and dates to the patient. Following the patient's booking of an allocated time slot, Hyro seamlessly updates the appointment within the healthcare organization's Epic system. *To date, this is the only Epic + conversational AI integration that offers A to Z appointment scheduling through an AI-powered call center agent.
- Scheduling Blood Tests: Patients contacting their healthcare provider to schedule blood tests can use Hyro's onsite and call center conversational interfaces to do so. Upon providing identification, Hyro's platform can check the patient's EMR stored on the provider's Epic system to offer the correct blood test, available time, and locations and provide the patient with pre-test instructions such as fasting, etc.
How It Works
Connecting your Epic system with Hyro’s non-intrusive API is intuitive and straightforward. Upon integration, Hyro’s conversational AI platform will automatically scrape and ingest physician profiles and patient EMRs stored within your Epic infrastructure. A designated Hyro deployment and customer success team will connect with the appropriate stakeholders within your organization to customize and tailor the API to your specific needs and requirements. Moreover, any information not-specific to physician finding and appointment scheduling can be added and ingested by Hyro to provide patients with answers to FAQs and to accomplish a wide variety of additional tasks.
Interested in connecting your Epic EMR to Hyro’s conversational AI platform? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Epic App Orchard.
Learn More About Hyro for Healthcare